Thursday, 23 May 2013

Playing with fonts

Ive been very slow in posting things as of late. I have a lot of projects on at the moment and haven't had chance to get anything up - and ive been missing playing with my fonts wahhh :(

I managed to find a few minutes spare in my lunch break while gazing at black and white photography of Paris and New York and I fancied finding a font pairing that would work well for a typographic logo.



The main wording is set in FF Scala OT Bold, with Relay Black for the tag line. I think this styling could work well for fashion design brands or magazines which are typically typographic in nature, opting for a mark to tie it together. Initials are a good way to strengthen awareness with a brand name, especially when used to brand clothing etc. A good example of this is Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) or Chanel (CC for Coco Chanel).

In the above I'm using Kolker Brush for the initials which is a script style based on the use of a camel hair brush. I love the "L"! It makes me feel romantic ha!

2 comments:

  1. Ohh I'm digging Kolker Brush!
    Loving how you bought these fonts together they look great and really help pop each other out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these. Next post please

    ReplyDelete