Tuesday, 2 April 2013

5 things

Lately I've spotted a few people blogging their "5 Things," so today I thought I would hop on the bandwagon and post my own.

  1. Andy and I met September of 2005 after I moved up to Nottingham from Bournemouth for University. This guy Todd (who 8 years on is still one of our best friends) grabbed everyone coming out of a lecture theatre and forced us to go to the pub so we could all get to each other. I noticed this guy sitting in the pub looking at his ipod and I strolled over and began pointing out all the music we had in common. It took me a very long time to get to grips with the nottingham accent but we soon became great friends. Three years later we began dating and have been a very happy Nikki since.
  2. I absolutely love airports! To me its all part of the holiday. I totally thrive on that craziness that happens when trying to find your flight. I've even had to run through an airport but unfortunately life doesnt always turn out like it does in the movies and we missed the flight... oops!
  3. Some of the serious careers I wanted to have growing up were: a teacher, forensic scientist, a vet, a lawyer, and an architect. I didn't realize until my second year of university, after first years intentions of going down the animation or video production path that I wanted to be a web designer, and that I was a lot better at it!
  4. I am addicted to lomography. I have about 5 cameras and various attatchments. Andy won't let me near the shop now ha!
  5. I severely dislike ventriloquist dolls. They are absolutely terrifying. I made the mistake of telling my old flatmate about my fear. Next thing I know I return back from uni one day to one sitting on my bed. I think I ran out the house. Its all a bit of a blur.

5 comments:

  1. hahaha, that last bit made me laugh. I'm scared of porcelain dolls, once woke up to one on my pillow.. still don't know which family member did that haha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who does like ventriloquist dolls?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My old flatmate decided she loved them when she found out my fear... hmm

      Delete
  3. Ventriloquist dolls can kill you, can't they?! They're no ordinary dolls, nope.
    Airports kick ass! I also like plane food. Hahaha. Well, not all of it anymore, but still. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure they can indeed! OMG i love plane food haha i'm terrible, I get so excited when I see the little packaged up bread rolls.

      Delete